Networker

Re: [Networker] edit pre-production/pkgadd "nsrla.res" client file

2005-11-26 07:10:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] edit pre-production/pkgadd "nsrla.res" client file
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:06:00 +0200
> Hi there,
>
> I am running NW 7 clients on Solaris(8|9|10).
>
> I have a need to modify /opt/nsr/nsrla.res on a certain set of clients.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but according to documentation
the nsrla.res file is the file where you determine the ports
to use. Wasn't aware of any other changeable parameter there???

The way to arrange for the wanted IP:s to be uased are:
1. To get the right interface for the communication client->server use
   Server interface in the client setup (turn in details to see it).
2 For the "ordergiving" the server will use the primary name of the
  client and use that ordinary TCP/IP mechanism to resolve that
  name.

Also everywhere else Networker will  use the standard name resolution
and routing for the TCP/IP communications.

> When installed, the nsrla.res file is given the IP address of the
> primary interface of the client.

Which attribute?

> I don't want to do this.   Instead we have a second interface configured
> on the client, that is, in fact, the one we want to backup over.

The way to arrange for the wanted IP:s to be used are:
1. To get the right interface for the communication client->server use
   Server interface in the client setup (turn in details to see it).
2 For the "ordergiving" the server will use the primary name of the
  client and use that ordinary TCP/IP mechanism to resolve that
  name.

Also everywhere else Networker will  use the standard name resolution
and routing for the TCP/IP communications.

> I have previously generated Solaris pkgadd response files to
> automagically install Legato Client for me as part of my system build.

Are you talking about the /nsr/res/servers file here?

You are not using IP-addresses for the allowed server??
That is really not recommended. Use the name instead!
And set up the client resolution of that name with DNS,
/etc/hosts or other.

Dag