Networker

[Networker] Cluster clients, savesets, and RMAN.

2005-10-25 19:40:46
Subject: [Networker] Cluster clients, savesets, and RMAN.
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:39:49 -0700
I'm going to be setting up some clustered clients (VCS) under
Networker shortly.  I've gone over the installation guide as a prep,
but I'm still a little unclear on a couple of points.

The guide doesn't really describe what the Owned_paths attribute in
the NWClient resource does, or how the savesets in the client
configuration should be entered.

Do I just give "All" in the savset field for the virtual client and
let the resource enumerate the savesets, or do they have to be listed
explicitly in the client resource?  (If so, why list in both?)

Also any problems with doing this with RMAN?  Would I list the normal
RMAN script as an Owned_path in the NWClient resource?

Server is 7.1.1.

Thanks for any help.  I can't just play around with these settings at
the moment (no testbed for it).  So any experience doing this (or
letting me know that I'm missing something in the manual) is greately
appreciated.