Networker

Re: [Networker] Maximum server parallelism?

2005-10-20 15:24:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Maximum server parallelism?
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA/ESS <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:25:11 -0400
Darren,

I am a fairly new person to the list and Legato. Your challenges now
become two-fold.

1. I have just had to setup my Legato Servers, so I am as current as
someone could be in the newer software/hardware. (If you have different
version/hardware, etc. your mileage may differ)

2. I can offer my admitted novice opinion here with a request from me to
check my answers and scold me if I am wrong.

I will try to only answer what I "think" I know. <Grin>

That being said, I just went through the parallelism thing. What I have
been advised (by legato) is it depends on your hardware and then how you
have defined your backups.

Networker for Windows 7.2 has a new command which allows you to break
out your exchange backups over many data streams if the server can
handle pushing the data.

>From the sounds of things you have a bigger box then me. Legato advises
us to set parallelism to 16 max. That is on an ADIC SCALAR 100 with 2
LTO2 drives and a GBIC NIC w/2 3GHZ processors for compression... /shrug

The POWER EDITION....??? Never heard of it.

Most Humbly yours... /ALE

Eddie Albert, Network Serf
Air Force Real Property Agency
Executive Services/Computer Systems
Desk (703) 696 - 5509 - Hip (703) 517-3855
Eddie.Albert AT afrpa.Pentagon.af DOT mil