Networker

Re: [Networker] Stop recycling of tapes

2005-10-20 15:50:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stop recycling of tapes
From: Terrence R Haupt <Terrence.Haupt AT ABBOTT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:46:29 -0500
I would just keep the tapes out of the silo and shelve them until you are
ready to use them.  The system will mark them recyclable but will not be
able to relabel them automatically.  You can also tell the pools to NOT
recycle from other pools (that is if you use other pool names and don't
use the Default pool (which can not be changed).  As long as the tapes are
not in the silo they can not be over written or re labeled.  I would also
grab a bootstrap report right away.  If you need to restore from a tape
marked recyclable you will have to scan it in first or a saveset recover
will allow you to restore complete savesets (this i am not 100% sure on
but I'm pretty sure this is the case).  The short and sweet of it is that
marking a tape recyclable is a DB task not a physical tape task.

Terrence R. Haupt
SR UNIX Systems Administrator
WIN, Technology Engineering
Abbott Laboratories
Ph: 847-938-2375 Cell: 847-878-1057
Text MSG 8478781057 AT messaging.nextel DOT com
Nextel Direct Connect 111*4737*123
terrence.haupt AT abbott DOT com

Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA/ESS <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/20/2005 02:18 PM
Please respond to Legato NetWorker discussion; Please respond to Albert
Eddie Contractor AFRPA/ESS