Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

2005-09-03 09:03:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:56:00 +0100
I agree entirely.  The only point I was making is that a qucik look-see on the
Netware Networker screen to see that you can actually see the devices etc, is
an indication it at least stands a chance of working.  It's a good test that
the environement variable is doing its job ;-)
allan.

On Sep 3, 2005, at 5:27 AM, Allan Nelson wrote:

> Thanks Stan.  I've add the environement variable and it's now
> backing up.
> Will try some test restores and let you know how I get on.
> For info, it seems an easy way to see if Netware is actually going
> to backup is
> to look at the Networker console screen on Netware.
> I wasn't seeing anything in devices etc until I added that variable
> and restarted networker.
> Thanks again... Allan.

The only proof I accept of a successful backup is the ability to
successfully recover the data from that backup.
What NSR watch displays is helpful, but it is far from definitive.