Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

2005-09-02 18:01:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 22:55:40 +0100
Is anyone backing up Netware clients successfully with Networker 7.2.1?
The reason I ask is that we've just had that installed and it isn't backing up
any of our Netware6.5 servers.
>From the Netware clients, on the Networker screen, I can connect to the
>Networker server but it doesn't display current activity on the server like it
>did with 7.1.1 (what we had previously).
I've reloaded Networker on the client and though it connects, there's still no
display of activity.

Is the NSR_SUPPORT_NETWARE_4X=1 environment variable still needed in Networker
7.2.1? - I thoght that was just to do with restores, but maybe I'm wrong (I
hope ;-)

I'm waiting until the rest of the clients have finished backing up, then I'll
try setting the environment vriable on the Unix server and see if that helps.

Cheers... Allan.

DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail or any files
transmitted with it are those of the author and do not represent the views of
NERC unless otherwise explicitly stated. The information contained in this
e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the
confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.