Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

2005-08-31 08:21:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:17:22 -0400
 -----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Olsson [mailto:spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 12:26 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: [Networker] 7.2.1 verdict?

I'm surprised that anyone hasn't commented on Networker 7.2.1 yet. Any
showstopper-bugs? Something new that has been broken? Any fixes in the
FQDN handling? Does 7.2.1 need anything else to get those recently
discovered security holes fixed, or does one just apply the update
without
any environment variables, server config changes or similar?

//Oscar

I did not find RHEL4 client support mentioned anywhere in the release
notes, but went ahead and installed it on one of my boxes.  While it
appeared to communicate with the server, it timed out on backing up any
of the savesets.  Unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing any v2.6
linux kernel support.  I cannot report, yet, on the more general
performance.  I wanted to get my full backups done over the weekend
before tackling the upgrade.

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator - DOE/OSTI