Networker

Re: [Networker] Multiple Actions for a single notification

2005-06-06 01:02:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Multiple Actions for a single notification
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT gmail DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:49:12 +1000
Hi Mark,

> I was wondering if I can both send the results of the bootstrap report
> to both a printer and an e-mail account.
>
> If you can, do you just separate the actions with a comma?

Not in that way. Within NetWorker you can create new notifications
that act on the same events (just have a look at the bootstrap
notification with hidden details visible), and therefore you'd have
the regular notification + an additional notification.

However, having said that, in the past, since the introduction of
NetWorker 7.x, I've had intermittent problems whereby additional
bootstrap notifications don't fire off - this problem doesn't happen
for any other doubled up notification, but I've found the additional
bootstraps to be a little unreliable.

To get around that I've typically created a new notification which
saves the bootstrap somewhere, prints it and then emails it in one
batch/shell job.

Cheers,

-Preston de Guise.