Networker

Re: [Networker] OT: LTO2 libraries, server migration

2004-09-14 16:27:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] OT: LTO2 libraries, server migration
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:27:33 -0400
You didn't mention your local server hardware/OS or how its connected (
SCSI/Fiber).  You should see an LTO2 burst to at least 20ish MB/sec if its
locally attached and doing a local backup. I've seen locally attached LTO2
(LVD SCSI) burst to 50-60MB/sec(Sun 480R).

Also the original poster may want to look at the StorageTek L20 (20 slot) or
L40 (40 slot) libraries.   The Quantum/ATL M1500 is also nice with the
remote PRISM management and alerting card.   Yes,  I agree you'll need
gigabit network connectivity to drive the tape drives for network backups;
the added capacity is always nice to have also.

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:48:44 -0600, Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT