Networker

[Networker] nsrjb error codes ?

2004-04-23 06:05:45
Subject: [Networker] nsrjb error codes ?
From: Gio Geens <gio AT BELGIUM.SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:55:36 -0400
Hi gang,

How can I see the "error number" that is supposed to be generated by a
failing nsrjb command ? The shell's status code seems to be always "3" upon
every failed nsrjb command :

>From the nsrjb man-page :

DIAGNOSTICS
   Some errors have been classified and can  be  identified  by
   the  last  three  digits of the error number returned by the
   nsrjb command.  Nonclassified errors are listed first.
   (011) Destination component full
        The jukebox attempted to move media between  components
        in  the  jukebox (for example, from a slot to a drive),
        but found something already  in  the  destination  com-
        ponent.

I checked by forcing a nsrjb command that fails :

# nsrjb -u -f /dev/rmt/1cbn
cannot find empty slot for drive `/dev/rmt/1cbn'
nsrjb: Jukebox error:  Thu 16:06:31 Destination component full

# echo $?
3

It would have expected to see status code "11" here ...

It seems that nsjb returns almost always "3" in case something went wrong.

All information is appreciated.

TIA,
Gio