Networker

[Networker] Strange problem with mminfo command

2004-04-22 18:24:06
Subject: [Networker] Strange problem with mminfo command
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:25:25 -0400
Hello,

I posted something about mminfo the other day. Seems that no matter what
group you specify, as soon as you add both a level=full and a savetime
attribute and/or '-t' option, other clients outside the group also
appear with their full saveset instances, too. Tried level=0, no luck.
Tried using '-t' option instead of savetime, no luck. Finally found that
specifying the pool will stop this behavior and force only the clients
who are members of the given group to show up. HOWEVER, I have
discovered at least one client where this is not the case!

When I run something like: mminfo -s server -q 'group=group1'

I see this particular client show up in there, and it's NOT a member of
group1, never has been. It's a member of group2 and is only a member of
this group, nothing else. Furthermore, it is using no directives and is
specifying 'All' for its savesets. If I instead replace 'group1' in the
above command with 'group2' then I get the correct clients, BUT there
are some saveset instances that do not show up for the given client that
did show up in the prior command. There is no overlap between these
savesets, however. Strange! When I check the group completion
notifications for either of these groups, everything is fine. Why would
mminfo report some of this client's savesets in two different groups?

Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks.

George