Networker

[Networker] Exchange 2003 Problems

2003-12-09 17:22:04
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 2003 Problems
From: "David W. Loveless" <duke AT UWO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:22:19 -0500
We're trying to test backups and restores to a Networker 7.1 server running
Solaris 8. Our Exchange 2003 is running on a Windows 2003 server. We're
running a Networker 7.1 client on the Exchange servers along with BSM for
Exchange Version 4.0

- If we try to backup All the storage groups using the saveset MSEXCH:IS -
it only backs up 2 out of 4 of them.
- If try to backup all the mailboxes using the saveset MSEXCH:MB it again
onyl appears to backup only a few of the mailboxes.
- If we list ALL the storage groups by name it does appear to backup them
all up.

We don't seem able to recover anything successfully to the Recovery storage
group on the server.

Is there a document anywhere that would give us a through insight into just
what we need to do to backup/recover the various pieces of Exchange?

Are any of you using Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server and backing up
with Legato Networker 7.1?

Thanks in advance for your help!