Networker

Re: [Networker] Driver for Solaris 2.9 for IBM ULTRIUM LTO-1 drives in an ADIC Scalar 1000

2003-09-16 04:22:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Driver for Solaris 2.9 for IBM ULTRIUM LTO-1 drives in an ADIC Scalar 1000
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:58:18 +0100
Ballinger, John M wrote:
Initially to keep things simple I have all on one.
Turns out we actually have two HBA's in this system and in the Windows box and
we have a real SAN.

I see, get it working first then sort out the performance.

The question is what is the best way to go for the tape-drive driver - sun/st
or IBM IBMtape ?
We are using Emulex LP8000 in the Sun box(networker serve)
and Emulex LP850's in the Windows box.

I don't think it will make a lot of difference which drivers you use.
The st driver should have native support for IBM LTO in Solaris 9 I
think, so you can use the cbn devices. If you like you can use the IBM
drivers, these will use a different set of device names, I can't
remember what these names are. Personally I favour the st driver, but
not for any good technical reasons, just because I understand st the
best. You will need a few tweaks in st.conf to address the LUNs you are
using.