Networker

Re: [Networker] How to increase slots on STK L80 from NetWorker?

2003-06-23 10:59:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to increase slots on STK L80 from NetWorker?
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:59:00 -0400
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:35:05 -0400, George Sinclair
<George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> wrote:

>I'm trying to get NetWorker to increase the number of available slots on
>our StorageTek L80 from 79 to 81. We are now manually cleaning, so I'd
>like to be able to use those last two slots for any tapes. According to
>the library manual:
>
>"In an 80-cell capacity library, if Auto Clean is Off, you can place
>data cartridges into the cleaning cartridge cells, making the total
>capacity 81. If Auto Clean is On, the total capacity is 79."
>
>We were using auto clean on the library, but I turned this off, and the
>library console panel now lists the slot capacity at 81. All fine, but
>when I attempt to change the available slots under the NetWorker jukebox
>configuration from 79 to 81, or even 80, I get the following error
>message:
>
>available range `1-81' must be contained in `1-79'
>
>I have not tried removing the jukebox and rerunning jbconfig, BUT I did
>not have to do this with our two P1000 libraries when I changed them
>from 1-29 slots to 1-30 slots. NetWorker was happy with those. I was
>able to do everything by just changing the fields in the jukebox config
>with those guys, and I'm now able to use that last slot for any tape I
>wish. Our autochanger module for the STK L80 is for 128 slots, so I
>don't see a problem with the licensing here. We're running 6.1.1 on the
>primary server under Solaris 8.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

There are more fields to update. At the very least you will need to
change "physical slots" and add exactly two fields to "volume ids"
and "volumes". There could be more. You would need to do this using
nsradmin (not nwadmin), or by stopping NetWorker and editing nsrjb.res.
Probably simpler to just re-run jbconfig - I would.