Networker

Re: [Networker] Why is cloning so slow ?

2003-04-10 08:44:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why is cloning so slow ?
From: "Fowler, Carter" <CFowler AT CITY.LONDON.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:43:58 -0400
Oops, thanks for letting me know Tarjei, I appreciate it.
Sorry folks.

What I meant to say was...

Cloning is slow because it ( not a techie term) DE-STREAMS the save
sets.  This means that you may have servers 1-8 (depends on your config)
saving to a single tape.  NetWorker, when cloning, will follow server 1
across all tapes it spans until completion, then move onto server 2,
etc...  This has been our experience...

I could be wrong but this is what we appear to experience on with our
Win2K / NW 6.1.1 configuration.

Carter Fowler
Hardware Service Technician
Technology Services Division