Networker

[Networker] Backup schedules.

2003-02-27 05:39:51
Subject: [Networker] Backup schedules.
From: "Chandler, John" <John.Chandler AT DALPHIMETAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:27:30 +0100
Hi,

I'm using Networker 6.0.Build.153 and I want to set up a schedule of backups
like this:

Every night an incremental backup is done (the "daily" backup)

Every Friday a full backup is done (the "weekly" backup)

Every month a full backup is done (the "monthly" backup)

Every 3 months a full backup is done (the "quarterly" backup)

I have the daily incremental backup and the Friday weekly backup working
fine using tapes labelled "daily" and "weekly", but I can't see a way of
making the monthly and quarterly ones work. Each thing I have tried is
either completely ignored by Networker or the usual daily or weekly one is
done instead.

Do I have to create separate schedules for monthly and quarterly with "skip"
set in the schedules for when they are running?

Kind regards

John Chandler