Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup schedules.

2003-02-27 15:47:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup schedules.
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:47:49 -0500
Hello,

What I do for this situation...

I setup 3 client entries with 3 different schedules in 3 different
groups.

"Every night an incremental backup is done (the "daily" backup)
Every Friday a full backup is done (the "weekly" backup)"

Weekly schedule with incremental everyday full on Friday but override
skip first Friday of every month.

"Every month a full backup is done (the "monthly" backup)"

Weekly schedule with every day skipped except an override full first
Friday of every month and override skip first Friday every quarter.

"Every 3 months a full backup is done (the "quarterly" backup)"

Weekly schedule with every day skipped except an override full first
Friday of every quarter.

You have to run each client entry from a different group.

Clear as mud...

If you need any clarification shoot me any email.

Joel