Networker

Re: [Networker] can mminfo give full path?

2003-02-19 16:23:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] can mminfo give full path?
From: Chris.Campbell AT FAC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:23:43 -0500
Yay!
I totally forgot about the nsrinfo command!

nsrinfo -t piped to a grep, then a little awk and sort magic, and I have
exactly what we are looking for.

Thanks a lot!
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp
518.447.8544
chris.campbell AT fac DOT com

                    "Lewis, Terry
                    {Info~Palo           To:     Legato NetWorker discussion
<NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>,
                    Alto}"                Chris.Campbell AT FAC DOT COM
                    <TERRY.LEWIS@R       cc:
                    OCHE.COM>            Subject:     RE: [Networker] can
mminfo give full path?

                    02/19/2003
                    03:02 PM

Chris,

  You may need to use 'nsrinfo' to get the info you need.  I don't
know the full syntax, but you usually use it in combination with
mminfo to get specific file information.

  Another way to get the information you want though is to use
the NetWorker User program on Windows and go through the
first few steps of recovery for the file in question.  The window
where you mark objects to be recovers shows size information
for the various files listed.  To see the size as of a year ago,
just change the browse time.  Of course, this all assumes the
relevant file indexes are still browsable.

Terry

\notedata\CompMail