Networker

Re: [Networker] Pool with a single client

2003-02-05 08:58:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Pool with a single client
From: Carl Farnsworth <carl.farnsworth AT DIGIDYNE DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:58:11 -0500
It's important to note that the indexes are backed up as part of the client
backup, NOT the server's backup.  On the other hand, the indexes "belong"
to the server, not the client (this also affects browse & retention
policies).

The trick is to define the pool by the Group, not the client name.  Then
any savesets for that group, including indexes - and bootstrap - should go
to that pool.

Carl Farnsworth
DigiDyne Inc.

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:15:21 GMT, Bill Hewitt (cst) <bill AT COGSCI.ED.AC DOT UK>
wrote:

>Thanks!
>
>This makes sense, but why don't the indexes get backed up when the server
next
>gets backed up ?
>I have another group/pool that has several clients, none of which is the
server and that seems happy. Why is a group/pool with 1 client different ?