Networker

Re: [Networker] Restoring repairdisk from backup tape

2003-02-05 05:56:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restoring repairdisk from backup tape
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 05:56:26 -0500
Didy,

There is a way that you might be able to do this.

Do you have any unused hard disk space?  By unused, I mean not assigned to
any partitions.

If so, you could attempt a minimal OS installation using this free space.

The next step would be to boot from this and install the NetWorker client.

You would then recover the Repairdisk Saveset, and copy it across to the
\winnt\repair directory (?) on the original boot partition.

Finally, you would boot from CD/floppy and select Emergency Repair.

I have successfully repaired PCs using the minimal second installation
method, but I have never had to use the NetWorker backups.

If you try it, and it works - let me know !!

If anyone else has tried this, or can spot any obvious flaws, post it back
here - lets help this guy out !!

Regards,

Matthew