Networker

Re: [Networker] save set names with embedded blanks?

2003-02-04 14:34:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] save set names with embedded blanks?
From: Julia Byrnes <JByrnes AT PHN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:34:00 -0800
>as it stands I seem to be having a problem with NetWare folder
>names which have embedded blanks. I've typed them in as such but when I
>start the client I get a series of messages saying "Cannot stat <folder
>name so-and-so>" the message lists the complete folder name blanks and
>all but I'm wondering if that is my problem. should I be enclosing
>something in quotes here? if so, what? the syntax of the folder names
>?I'm working with look something like:
> DATA1:/Department So-and-So

What I did when I was working with Netware and Networker 5.5.3 was used the
short name for the directory.

So your directory names would look something like;

DATA1:\Depart~1
DATA1:\Depart~2

Julia

The information contained in this electronic message is for the exclusive
and confidential use of the addressee.  Any other distribution, use,
reproduction or alteration of the information contained in this electronic
message, by the addressee or by any other recipient, without the prior
written consent of Phillips, Hager & North Investment Management Ltd. is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender.