Networker

[Networker] save set names with embedded blanks?

2003-02-04 13:51:28
Subject: [Networker] save set names with embedded blanks?
From: Jim Lane <JLane AT TORONTOHYDRO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:51:46 -0500
Hi, All

I've been told by Legato that to get a backup of my largest NetWare
server I need to split it up into a bunch of different clients to avoid
having any one client with "too many" files. in practice this seems to
mean that I have to define a series of clients and power type into the
definitions the names of all the root level folders on the NetWare
server in question. I guess that's an implied question. since there are
about 150 such folder names I've been doing a lot of typing this
morning. it sure would be nice if there was an easier way to do that.
anyway, as it stands I seem to be having a problem with NetWare folder
names which have embedded blanks. I've typed them in as such but when I
start the client I get a series of messages saying "Cannot stat <folder
name so-and-so>" the message lists the complete folder name blanks and
all but I'm wondering if that is my problem. should I be enclosing
something in quotes here? if so, what? the syntax of the folder names
I'm working with look something like:

 DATA1:/Department So-and-So

how should I be specifying this:

 DATA1:"/Department So-and-So"
 "DATA1:/Department So-and-So"

or am I totally off on the wrong track here? at this point I'll take
help any way I can get it. TIA
BTW: I'm running Networker 6.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

Jim Lane
Sr. Technical Consultant
Network Services
Toronto Hydro