Networker

Re: [Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker

2003-01-28 14:50:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solstice Backup or Legato Networker
From: Joel Fisher <jfisher AT WFUBMC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:50:04 -0500
We use Solstice Backup for financial reasons.

" The downside to this Sun does not fix the product as regularly as
Legato does."
Last time I went through an upgrade Sun tech support guy told me that
Legato and Sun had a new agreement to release patches and new versions
together.  Since that time I've noticed all the patches do come out at
the same time(or very nearly).

I've never had any major problems getting problems resolved, although
this list is more useful and faster than the support from Sun.

Joel