Networker

Re: [Networker] Benefits of Using the Change Journal

2003-01-14 15:19:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Benefits of Using the Change Journal
From: "Narkinsky, Brian" <Brian.Narkinsky AT DEP.STATE.FL DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:19:20 -0500
I think I have seen this problem or something very similar.  We had a disk
that was part of a cluster. Well to make a long story short we decided to get
rid of the cluster and make it a stand alone server.  After this the drives
took hours to mount.  Basically when presented to the W2K system Logical Disk
Manager service went beserk.  Eventually you could kill it (LDM
process/service) off and it would then see the drives.  If you booted with
the drives attached Booting took hours.

I just disabled change Journal for this drive and was able to reboot without
incidence!   Hmm...  Have to wait and see but it smells like there is a
problem with Clusters and Networkers Change Journal function.

Brian Narkinsky
System Manager
Department of Environmental Protection
MS 6520