ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mix PVU and Terabyte licensing

2012-12-04 08:08:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mix PVU and Terabyte licensing
From: Bent Christensen <BVC AT COWI DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:54:05 +0100
Hi Hans Christian,
Earlier this year we were considering going from PVU to capacity licensing but
as 2/3 of our 1 PB primary pool capacity at that time was 'owned' by two nodes
only, we asked IBM if we somehow could do both licensing schemes.

The answer was we would need two Passport Advantage sites and that the two
servers + TSM server servicing those had to be in a completely separate
location, and just moving the servers to our fail-over facility a few hundred
meters away from the main facility would not be considered 'separate' enough.

Regards,

 - Bent