ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mix PVU and Terabyte licensing

2012-12-04 08:59:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mix PVU and Terabyte licensing
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:51:31 -0500
We are on split/dual licensing for the same reason. We have .  Yes, we had
to setup a separate TSM server and moved the PVU licensed nodes there.
 Also we installed ILMT and those on the PVU server have the ILMT agent
installed.

I never heard anything about separating / isolating the tape library. Can't
think how that would make sense since the whole point of PVU is that
storage occupancy doesn't matter and for the other nodes under storage
licensing, we simply run their queries for primary storage totals.  Nowhere
does it matter where the storage is or how many offsite copies we make.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator