ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Missing Archives

2011-02-07 12:58:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Missing Archives
From: "Laks, Brian" <Blaks AT HEALTHPLAN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:56:50 -0500
In the past, I have deleted some volumes with read/write errors with the
delete volume XXXX discard=yes command.  My assumption has always been
that this is safe since the copy storage pool has a copy should there
ever be a problem.  In hindsight it seems that that assumption may not
always be valid.  If the data resides on a bad tape, I may not be
readable to create the copy.  Deleting the only volume that has the
archive would then delete the archive entirely.

If this is possible, and it seems that it is, then I need to verify what
data is on a tape and that it is in fact in the copy storage pool before
it can be deleted.  I do not know of a way to do this in TSM.