ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.2 with Vmware VADP and vDR

2010-12-23 21:53:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.2 with Vmware VADP and vDR
From: WPinegar <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 21:47:32 -0500
Bob,

We've installed the TSM 6.2.2 client on a virtual machine that we designated as
a backup proxy within vSphere 4.1. We can confirm that 6.2.2 does use the TSM
API's directly for full image backups (new to 6.2.2) as well as support for
agentless file-level backups (which shipped in 6.2). Here is a presentation
from PULSE ANZ that provides an overview, somewhat.
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/au/downloads/pulse_ANZ/sm/Session9.pdf

Let me know how your testing goes!