ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VOLSER question

2010-11-29 00:26:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VOLSER question
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 23:24:24 -0600
What kind of tape library are you using? We've used LTO4 for a while
with a Storage Tek SL500 library and have not encountered any
limitations on volume names. I can call them whatever I want, or rather
whatever the barcodes on the tapes say. If you start with
barcode-labeled tapes and do CHECKIN LIBVOL with SEARCH=YES or
SEARCH=BULK, TSM will use the volume names on the barcode labels.