ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems joining domain after bare metal restore

2010-06-11 14:10:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems joining domain after bare metal restore
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:09:07 -0500
Check step 2.  If the server was built and joined to the domain with its
original name the server will create a new password when it joins the domain.
Later when the system is restored it will try to use the old password and be
denied.
Our solution is to not join the domain, therefore not resetting the password.

Andy Huebner