ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems joining domain after bare metal restore

2010-06-11 13:14:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems joining domain after bare metal restore
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:13:41 -0400
Hi Gary,

Somewhere along the line did you do a dcpromo before doing the restore?

I recommend reviewing TSM technote 1164812 if you have not done so already.
This technote provides detailed instructions for doing this kind of
restore. The technote can be found here:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21164812

There is a note in the preparation steps that says:

"If you are recovering a domain controller, do not promote the base
operating system to a domain controller prior to running the restore."

There is also this tidbit of info in the "Additional Information" portion
of the document:

"When performing a complete system recovery, do not promote your newly
installed base OS to a domain controller prior to performing the restore.
The system should automatically become a functioning domain controller as a
result of the restore. "

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-06-11
12:51:56: