ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] why create a 12TB LUN

2010-05-28 12:26:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] why create a 12TB LUN
From: "Bruce T. Harvey" <bruce.harvey.nonemployee AT PNC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:25:42 -0400
Now you're making me yearn for my Kaypro 2 ... 56K of application memory
and when you used 'DDT' on the upper memory, you'd run into a small text
field that said, "NOSEY LITTLE BASTARD, AREN'T YOU?" in the middle of a
mass of nulls.  up near about 63.5K or so.

Good old Z-80 code .... and swapping mini-floppies every time I used
Wordstar.

Many thanks!

Bruce T.

Bruce T. Harvey
AIX Network Engineer
PNC Bank @ Rivertech
office         301-699-4013
facsimile  301-887-4070
mobile      443-465-1204

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
05/28/10 10:16 AM
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>

ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
cc

Subject

On May 28, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Thorneycroft, Doug wrote:

> OK, I think I have you all beat on the early high tech front.
> Commodore VIC-20 with a whopping 5K memory, and a cassette player
> for storage.

If you're going to be like that...
I had a MITS Altair 8800 with 256 bytes of memory, where you would step
through memory to then toggle bits on and off via sense switches beneath
LEDs.
I think we should stop there, rather than go back further, to desk
calculators and comptometers. :-)

    Richard Sims

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The
postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at
this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe.