ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 automatic database backups

2010-05-14 09:08:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 automatic database backups
From: Rejean Larivee <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 09:57:01 -0300
Hello,
first, we have apar IC65197 which affects automatic DB backups.
It is fixed in the 6.1.3.2 level. You can find this apar here :
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC65197

Having said that, we have a Wiki article that describes the automatic DB
backup
feature that was introduced starting with 6.1.2.0. You can find the
arcticle here :

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolistoragemanager/Tivoli
+Storage+Manager+V6.1.2+automatic+DB+backup

What this article is saying is that automatic DB backups are triggered
based on the "active" log space utilization/consumption. It does not
examine the "archive" log.

So, we opened apar IC67387 to address this. You can find this apar here :
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC67387

When the fix for this IC67387 apar is available, the automatic db backup
trigger
will consider both active and archive log space.

Hopefully, this clarifies the automatic DB backup process.

Rejean Larivee
IBM TSM Level 2 support

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 05/14/2010
12:06:29 AM: