ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] what is the purpose of defining the copy storage pool of a primary storage

2010-03-30 16:07:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] what is the purpose of defining the copy storage pool of a primary storage
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:05:42 -0400
>> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:52:58 -0400, yoda woya <yodawoya AT GMAIL DOT COM>
>> said:

> if could just execute

> backup stgpool primarystgpool toanycopystgpool... I just do not see the
> purpose of defining  it on the primary stgpool

You would really benefit from reading some documentation.

>From "Help update stgpool":

COPYSTGpools
   Specifies the names of copy storage pools where the server
   simultaneously writes data. Beginning with Tivoli Storage Manager
   Version 5.3, you can specify a maximum of three copy pool names
   separated by commas. (In versions earlier than Version 5.3, the
   maximum number was ten.)

[... several more paragraphs of background, including blatant
capitalzied keywords to inform further searching ...]

Please, at least -try- to help yourself.

Asking a question in a way that shows you're trying to learn on your
own will get generous, detailed answers.  Continuing to ask us to do
your homework will get you treated like a student who's not doing
their homework.

Soon, you may find the atmosphere becoming a little hostile.  That's a
broad hint that it's not hostile yet.

- Allen S. Rout