ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.x DB and hardware replication

2009-12-16 11:35:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.x DB and hardware replication
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:34:05 -0500
In cases where I had local fibre, I'd certainly be happy to set up TSM
mirroring.

But:  AFAIK you can't do that with TSM 6.1.
It will mirror logs, but not the DB.

And this customer is doing very long distance (hundreds of miles) mirroring
over PPRC (or the EMC equivalent), which has to be asynchronous.

In order for TSM to do the mirroring, you need the drive/filesystem to
appear to be a local device to the TSM server.  I don't have that option
right now, all I've got to play with is the hardware function.