ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 System State

2009-11-05 14:45:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 System State
From: Fred Johanson <Fred AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:44:13 -0600
Wanda,

My calculations

Current Windows = 3 Gb in c$; new Windows = 15 Gb in c$.  That's installed out
of the box.  If we collocated by filespace, the $c tape would hold about 250
clients from current Windows, and about 50 clients from new Windows.

Current Windows = 16k files so 16k entries in TSM db or 12.8 Mb; new Windows =
71k files so 71k entries in TSM db or  56.8 Mb.  There are today 2140 WinNT
clients that will be upgraded to or replaced by new Windows.

Current Windows Systemobject = 600 Mb; new Windows systemobject = 7+ Gb.  TSM
has 2.5-3 Gb of storage for Systemobject for current Windows;  New Windows will
have 28-35 Gb per client.  The exception is the AD clients which keep 180
versions or 108 Gb for current Windows, which translates to 1.25 Tb in new
Windows.