ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 System State

2009-11-05 18:18:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Win2008 System State
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:17:01 +1100
Wanda

I've been out of the loop for a little while but...

The last project I worked on was a while new infrastructure using a lot
of Win2008 R1.  TSM 5.5.1 and 2 clients  made noises about incrementally
backing up the systemstate, but I never checked to make sure what the
impact of this was. Just getting the VSS part of that to work reliably
was an issue.  As to mitigation with ntbackup, Win2008 R1 didn't ship
with ntbackup.  This made debugging things hard too as you couldn't run
a vanilla backup to prove something was a MS issue rather than a TSM
one.  I hope this has changed with R2.

Regards

Steve
Steven Harris
TSM Admin,
Unemployed in Sydney, Australia

Wanda Prather wrote:
THANK YOU Fred -

71000 new DB entries, per client, per day, is data base doom.

I'm gonna start recommending the preschedule with ntbackup to everybody....