ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Date, time and number format

2009-10-14 15:39:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Date, time and number format
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:33:59 -0400
On Oct 14, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Clark, Margaret wrote:

So do tell, Richard: what do we do to change the date and time
format now?  I've been hunting for the instructions without
success.  - Margaret Clark

Rather than define its own parochial regiment for date, time, and
currency formats, the product went with standards that had been
developed for that purpose.  As an application, TSM goes with what is
in effect for your operating system.  In AIX and Linux, if you do 'man
locale', you'll see the starting point for information in that area.
Refer to

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/systems/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.aix.cmds/doc/aixcmds3/locale.htm
for a more thorough discussion.  It involves setting environment
variables (e.g., LC_TIME) which refer to entries in  /usr/lib/nls/loc/
(for AIX), which resolve to compiled definition sets as to the format
of various things, such as time, date, and money.

It's not my fault.  :-)

   R.