ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] zVM + zLinux + TSM

2009-09-08 14:56:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] zVM + zLinux + TSM
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 20:54:04 +0200
On 8 sep 2009, at 11:50, Patryk Bobak wrote:

Hi all,

Im beginner in TSM topic. So I have few question.
We are preparing to luch TSM 6 on mainframe (zVM + zLinux).
We have client that will have 150 workstations and 10 servers to
backup.
Workstations will by backuped at day, servers at night. Daily
incremental on
workstations is about 0,5-2mb. Will TSM handle with that big number
sessions? All network traffic will go through WAN.
And what if I will have few clients with that number of
workstations. Should
I use only one TSM server? Or set new linux + tsm on zVM?

are you sure you want a mainframe doing this heavy load? :P Well,
maybe your servers make it worth while, but the workstations could
backup to basically anything that will run TSM, I guess that with 6.1
that would be the smallest pc that will run win2k3.... Really, this is
nothing to worry about.

Thanks,

Patryk.

--