ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] zVM + zLinux + TSM

2009-09-08 05:52:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] zVM + zLinux + TSM
From: Patryk Bobak <bobakp AT ZETOKATOWICE DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:50:19 +0200
Hi all,

Im beginner in TSM topic. So I have few question.
We are preparing to luch TSM 6 on mainframe (zVM + zLinux).
We have client that will have 150 workstations and 10 servers to backup.
Workstations will by backuped at day, servers at night. Daily incremental on
workstations is about 0,5-2mb. Will TSM handle with that big number
sessions? All network traffic will go through WAN.
And what if I will have few clients with that number of workstations. Should
I use only one TSM server? Or set new linux + tsm on zVM?

Thanks,

Patryk.