ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB2 trial version and TDP

2009-07-04 08:37:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB2 trial version and TDP
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:34:48 -0400
On Jul 4, 2009, at 3:10 AM, Mehdi Salehi wrote:

It is not a sample name, I think. It seems to be the node name that
DB2 uses
to connect to TSM. I have not mention this node name in any part of
DB2
configuration for TSM. Could it be a system generated node name for
DB2
backup?

If 'dsmc q opt' and option files inspection in general does not reveal
the "AA" nodename as an explicit specification, then TSM would be
taking it from the operating environment (as in hostname).  Your Query
Node output of "TCP/IP Name: testlpar" seems to suggest that for the
host, but possibly it is a multi-homed network adapter environment, or
the like.

   Richard Sims