ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Question Windows 2000 restore image

2009-06-17 00:47:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] Question Windows 2000 restore image
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:41:24 +0300
Hi to all

Need to restore an image backup of a Windows 2000 server , my tsm Client is
5.5.1 . I need to know the correct steps:

The restore image is on the same machine (same hardware) I did the restore
image successfully (got the correct specification and no error on the log file).

I thought that I need a restart before the restore of the  systemobject  in two
steps:

1.       restore "{SYSTEM OBJECT}\winnt\system32\catroot\*" c:\winnt\system32\
-su=yes -replace=all -virtualnodename=%nodename% -password=xxxx

2.       restore systemobject -virtualnodename=%nodename% -password=xxxx

But after the restart after the image restore before the restore of the
systempobject I got only the line of the specification of the computer as CPU
……. And nothing else , no error at all also.

My question is maybe I need to restore the systemobject immediately after the
restore of the image without a restart ???????

I boot with a winpe CD I made and by the way I successfully to restore in the
past Windows 2003 server without any problems !!!!

T.I.A  Regards

Robert Ouzen