ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC

2009-06-05 10:57:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administration Guide Using ISC
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:02:55 -0400
And for all you old timers on the list, there was the same "discussion" when
IBM did away with the original administration Windows application in favor
of the Web admin interface. Everybody hated it and wanted the Winders app
back. Now people hate the new admin facility and want to Web admin
back...that they hated just a few short years ago to start with.

I agree with Remco and do believe IBM listened. The 6.1 ISC/AC is a lot
faster and better organized. Most things are now wizards, allows you to
monitor/administer multiple TSM servers from the same central signon...and
if you setup the ADMIN_CENTER userid when you register the server instance
you get monitoring and a simple dashboard. Which (not to start a new flame!)
personally is light years better than this new so called TSM Monitor and
Reporting package. I have already upgraded out ISC/AC to the new version
even though I have not installed or upgraded to TSM 6.1 servers.

Then we come down to the fact that after 11-years working with *SM, I'm just
a CLI guy myself. But for people that don't know all the commands, the ISC
is a good place for them.

And again...my opinion.

Bill Boyer
"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the
sun." -Unknown-