ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] V6 exponential DB growth

2009-05-08 11:13:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] V6 exponential DB growth
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:12:23 -0400
Will do. I have already been discussing this with another IBM TSM
technician and he also suggested open a ticket.

Is the DB space used supposed to contract, as well as expand, as needed?

This may be the in-flight issue you refer to since the server crashed
during the import (log space exhausted - HANGMONITOR issue).

The "Q DB F=D" says it should be a lot smaller (if I am reading this
correctly):

10:52:30 AM   WIND : q db f=d

                 Database Name: TSMDB1
 Total Size of File System(MB): 399,747
    Space Used by Database(MB): 48,256
     Free Space Available (MB): 36,169
              Page Size(Bytes):
                   Total Pages: 2,173,956
                  Usable Pages: 2,173,820
                    Used Pages: 2,168,648
                    Free Pages: 5,172
         Buffer Pool Hit Ratio: 100.0
         Total Buffer Requests: 592,714,473
                Sort Overflows: 0
               Lock Escalation: 0
       Package Cache Hit Ratio: 99.3
  Last Database Reorganization: 05/08/2009 09:00:30
        Full Device Class Name: 3592-E05
  Incrementals Since Last Full: 0
Last Complete Backup Date/Time: 05/06/2009 11:00:17

yet the filesystem containing the DB  is 91% used of 400GB.