ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Anybody got TDPEXC 6.1 working yet?

2009-04-15 13:25:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] Anybody got TDPEXC 6.1 working yet?
From: "Conway, Timothy" <Timothy.Conway AT JBSSA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:25:13 -0600
Specifically the mailbox and item-level restores?
I'm going back and forth through the documentation, but whenever I do a
backup, I get "ACN5918W The mailbox history did not update successfully
on the TSM Server.", and whenever I select "mailbox restore", I get
"ACN0004E An unknown error has been detected.".  We don't do VSS
backups, only legacy.

The one component I do not have access to is "Microsoft Exchange VSS
Integration Module Version 5.5.2"... I have 5.5.0, but that's no good on
my Windows server 2008 X64/Exchange 2007/TDPEXC6.1 environment.  It
appears that that even when doing pure legacy operations, that component
may be required for mailbox restore.

Is anybody else working on this, with more success, to confirm whether
my management's STUPID decision to drop TSM support has terminated this
project in mid-stream?

73,

Tim Conway
Unix sysadmin, TSM admin