ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature

2009-04-03 15:17:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:16:49 -0400
>> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:24:31 -0700, Colin Dawson <colind AT US.IBM DOT COM>
>> said:

> If changes are being considered or made to the server database that
> changes the schema (DDL) or other operational characteristics then
> we're going to try to steer folks away from these.

Oy.  Or go pop popcorn to watch the explosion.

The customizations I think are rational tend to be meta-schema:
outside of it.  For example, I've already done a bunch of tinkering
with Federated DB configurations.

I've been building a meta-DB which holds references to all the tables
in my TSM server DBs.  Then some sort of virtual tables which union
the contents of, say, all the SESSION tables.  Add a column to the
virtual tables to denote the source server, and all of a sudden you
can do cross-instance monitoring and math which was impossible before.

- Allen S. Rout