ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature

2009-04-03 13:02:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.1 : Database replication Feature
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:01:30 -0400
>> On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:24:31 -0700, "Clark, Robert A" <Robert.Clark AT
>> PROVIDENCE DOT ORG> said:

> If we put together a wiki or forum, and pull enough info together to
> make something like this work, would we get a cease-n-desist letter
> from IBM?

> Does anyone on the list have a feel for how tolerant IBM is with
> "Open Source" style projects when they interact this closely with
> TSM?

I'd say, edit articles on the official TSM wiki that IBM maintains
(and which was recently announced).  This should be the most intense
test of that tolerance, and will establish wether the wiki is ours,
even partially, or not.

If you know you're going off the reservation, then you have the
responsibility to let IBM know about that in whatever support
interactions you develop.  And you need to be prepared to accept "Go
away, you're in an unsupported config" with a cheerful smile.

It would be fun to see IBM legal send a C&D to IBM communications and
IBM customer care.  Like those coke commercials?  "I want to sue us,
for excessively good customer communcations.  It's making the other
divisions feel inadequate."

- Allen S. Rout