ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Dear Tuscon

2009-03-20 10:48:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Dear Tuscon
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:39:23 -0500
My heart leapt when my RSS reader presented me an article in the TSM
udpates feed from IBM with the heading, "Keeping more than one TSM
server database backup on a tape." As I'm implementing a new server
using 3592 drives, I haven't been happy with my options for this
particular issue. Maybe, I thought, I was about to learn something of
immediate use and high value!

My heart sank when I read the actual article, which might be
paraphrased as, "Sorry, Charlie, too risky."

Back to asking for some LTO drives just for small, inexpensive tapes
for DB backups.