ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement

2009-02-13 01:33:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 07:31:06 +0100
On 13 feb 2009, at 04:02, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:

Having been a V6.1 beta tester (now that it has been released I
guess I
can speak about it), I can confirm that as of the last update I have
not
seen anything for zOS other than s390 Linux.

be ware that TSM on z/OS has been at about ADSM 3.7 capability level
in most recent releases and that if you required new features IBM
would direct you to zLinux anyway, this is nothing new....

Also, they will not be supporting Linux NON-x64, which causes me
issues
since 2 of my RH Linux server are not x64 capable and will require
replacing/upgrading/merging with another server.

non-x86_64 being 32bit linux on intel/amd CPU, LinuxPPC and zLinux
will be supported...

"Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
02/12/2009 07:23 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 -announcement

I have read announcement letter 209-004 multiple times and was looking
at the server documentation that was available and there were no
mention
of TSM version 6 for z/OS server.  There were documentation for z/OS
BA
client and API.  Is this a subtle hint that TSM version 6 for z/OS
server is not available or is it being drop?  Is it being delay?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl