ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - article up on SearchStorage

2009-02-07 06:33:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v6 - article up on SearchStorage
From: Craig McAllister <craigy AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 11:31:34 +0000
HI Zoltan,
   the number of objects is proportional to the size of the object name. TSM
5.5 has a maximum architectural limit of 530GB for the TSM DB, and at our
usual (conservative) sizings, this is approximately 500 million objects, at
1kb per object. In reality, many systems have more than this number of
objects - for example, TSM acting as a repository for content manager can
have many more - perhaps a billion?

I hope that helps.